Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Disney Movies

For Disney I picked the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. When I was little I watched the first one in theaters. I love orchestra music and loved the way they made the movie look. Plus having it be the first pirate movie I had ever seen before made it be one of my favorites. I love history and it was awesome to see a movie that was different in another time period.

In junior high I played the pirates of the Caribbean music at a concert and I can still play it from memory on the violin and the mandolin. This movie has stayed with me for a very long time. I've watched a lot of breakdowns and behind the scenes while also studying the extras on the movies. This movie was very well done for it's time period and still holds up pretty well.

Now that I am older I love to see how they broke down the VFX. I always loved to see the behind the scenes on movies before but now that I can see and mostly understand what they are talking about with the VFX. So I love it even more!

The reason as to why I picked this movie also is because of the way that Disney made a movie that was magical and yet scary. It was taking the old ride at Disney Land and making it into the movie. They made a lot of the show in the movie too. Its pretty cool to see them take parts like the dog having the keys and the pirates in the cage whistling at him come to life in the movie.

The other thing that I love about the series is that they creatively tackled so many problems. From underwater acting, piles of crabs, dynamics, creating the dead, recreating time periods and bring back the pirate movies. They did an awesome job!!! I love the break downs and seeing what exactly failed and what worked seeing the process of the movie instead of thing of the movie as just a reproduce of Disney. That's what I normally think when I see Disney movies. They make pretty good movies though. Although the series is getting dragged out I still love to see how they made them and if the new movie is good or not. I've seen them all in the theaters.


Technical Info from the first movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk4DWn0Zcso

Maps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sL_9B_w-U8

CGI VFX Breakdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTTZirZYIG0

Acting Below the Surface

No comments:

Post a Comment